Sunday 25 September 2011

Week 2 Day 13/84

Today G and I went for a lovely hike out to Botanical beach. It wasn't raining so we were very fortunate, however there was a bit of overcast. I wish I would have worn "hiking gear" cause I would have felt I could have run part of the trail- anyways, it was nice to get out just the two of us and explore the beautiful Island we live on. Botanical beach is one of my favorite places to escape too.

We set off this morning and stopped for breakfast at Starbucks, I had a yogurt parfait (the granola I'm sure was sweetened with sugar and the yogurt probably wasn't non fat. I also splurged and had a pumpkin spice latte!! (ok- so today's going to be my free day...)

We later stopped for lunch where I enjoyed a yummy grilled Cajun chicken  with blackberry vinaigrette salad with roaster sweet walnuts. Later, I shared a root beer float, as well as skittles. I was sure to get a protein shake along the way so I wouldn't be grabbing for bad foods.

D made Maui ribs with ceaser salad, and when we all went to a movie I had popcorn with butter and root beer with more skittles. Yes, today was certainly a free day for me, but I found my portion sizes were small and I made healthier choices as apposed to indulging to the point of guilt.

Waves pouring in!

G- Enjoying the Scenery at Botanical Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment