Tuesday 13 September 2011

Week 1 Day 2/84

Boy! did I ever sleep well last night! It took a lot for me to stay up even to 8:30pm...I climbed into bed and went into a deep sleep.  I'm amazed at how even one day can change the way your body functions! I was pretty hungry last night I found, at about 8:30 after I had a protein pudding, I ended up having a small bowl of high fibre cereal.

This morning was a bit of a challenge, I feel pretty exhausted and had intentions of going onto the treadmill for a work out, instead I got to the office at work put my stuff in the change room and took off for a 20min run around campus. I know I wasn't running my best, and I was pretty quick to start (which later tired me out). I didn't follow BFL cardio guideline in the way of hitting those intensity levels, but I feel like I did get a work out, as I had to walk here and there (and I'm a half marathoner!!).
 
Which leads me to feeling discouraged... I ran lots of distances, and being off the last few months because of my knee has put me into this manifestation of negative energy. I've noticed its effected the way I feel, the way I eat, my relationship etc. I stopped working out and doing the body for life exercise because I was in a financial strain and couldn't afford the gym membership, so I started training for a marathon, I figured I could do that as I've run them before however, after training for my second marathons back to back symptoms from my snowboarding accident evolved and with doctors advice I stopped running. I didn't pick anything else up, and didn't change my eating habits, so therefore the outcome was not in my favour.

I realized the last couple weeks I was very unhappy, I felt like my life was being sucked out of me, and I was the only person to blame, as I do believe we have the choice to choose whether we wish to feel that way or not. I understood that the reason I felt this way was because I wasn't doing anything for myself. My life consumed of work, my relationship, and nothing else. I finished reading this book about this women who needed to find her foundation again before she could give her all to her family- and I realized, I haven't done anything for myself in the last few months and this makes me very unhappy, and in turn not giving my all to my friends and family. 

Before you know it, I'm registered for the BFL challenge, I've taken a leap into a sports I haven't played since I was in elementary school (indoor soccer), I'm going to free yoga tonight and tomorrow night, and I'm going to join rowing again twice a week!! I know this could be a bad thing jumping into all this at once, but honestly I need to meditate, I need to be on a team sports, and I need to meet new people, therefore I have no reason to get off task.
6:40am Breakfast  * I couldn't eat these, so I went with high fibre cereal and skim milk- G on the other hand took all 4 pancakes and ate them with maple syrup!
Protein Pancakes
Ingredients
2 eggs and one egg white, mixed together
1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 packet Splenda® 
1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar-free jam
Cooking spray
Preparation

7:30am Cardio!
20 min run around UVic campus- (gruelling!, I felt lazy and unmotivated)
8:15am Snack: Protein Bar
11:30am Lunch:
Roasted Chicken Wrap with light shredded cheese, avocado, & Salsa
Apple
2:30pm Snack: Protein Shake pre made (Chocolate)
6:00pm Dinner
2 slices of whole wheat bread w/natural peanut butter and sugar free jam

Mix first five ingredients together in a bowl. Spray a small non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and turn heat to medium. Add pancake mixture to pan, cook until edges are firm. Flip, and cook one to two more minutes. Slide onto a plate and top with syrup or jam.
** Really didn't have an appetite- and was running out the door for Hatha flow yoga
8:30pm Snack: Protein Pudding

 
Protein Pudding
Ingredients
1 box fat-free, sugar-free chocolate or vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk
2 scoops chocolate or vanilla whey protein
Preparation

Mix all ingredients in a blender for 45 seconds and pour into two small bowls.
9:30pm Bedtime!
The bottom line is everyone has an excuse, it is a matter of whether they use it or not. (Body for Life).

So when I got off work this morning, I had 4 lovely pancakes from this morning greeting me...G didn't like them, he said he would take them to Hockey cause they were probably better then the hockey pucks they already have...then continued to make ridiculous jokes about if he were to throw them they would end up breaking a window etc etc...note to self: experiment/master protein pancakes, make them delicious and don't share with G.

No comments:

Post a Comment