Monday 12 September 2011

Week 1 Day 1/84

Today, I officially started day 1 of 84 on the 12 week Body for Life Challenge. Although I've completed the workouts before and had been quite successful I've never taken the full leap of faith into the challenge. I've never followed the meal plans but if the exercises worked for me before, I can only imagine the success that could follow from both the exercises and nutrition! With blogging through my progress on the challenge this will help me with my essay for the judges at the end but also a great way to stay accountable and motivated!


So here we have it, after spending a good portion of the weekend shopping and planning, I've ventured out of bed at 5:40am Monday, September 12, 2011.

My new gym is a little intimidating, I'm working out along side of some very elite athletes. (This is a worldly recognized University after all). However, I'll overcome my nerves, plug in my ipod and come when hardly anyone is here (next to impossible!)


(care of Uvic website)
This is only part of the Cardio Section!

(care of Uvic website)
                                                         Looking towards the weights

5:50am Breakfast (Pre made the Sausage and Egg the night before

Breakfast Burrito  ** I cut this recipe into half, as I wouldn't be able to eat it all)
Ingredients
4 turkey sausages
4 eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 whole-wheat tortillas
2 tablespoons salsa
2 tablespoons low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation

Cook turkey sausages in a non-stick skillet until done. Remove from heat and cut into bite-size pieces. Beat the four eggs in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, add eggs and scramble. Put equal portions of the scrambled eggs in each tortilla, and top with turkey sausage, salsa and low-fat shredded cheese. Roll each tortilla and eat.

6:35am Gym Time!
15mins treadmill: 5.5mph- 0 incline.

Upper Body Work out:
Chest: Barbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Flys (Machine)

Back: Wide-Grip Pull downs
Seated Cable Rows

Shoulders: Shoulder Press
Shrugs

Biceps: Standing Double Curl
Bicep Extention (Curl)

Triceps: Tricep Extention
Bench Press

7:30am Snack: Protein Bar

11:30am Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich: Whole-Wheat Bread, Mustard, Low Fat Turkey, Low Fat Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato

2:30pm Snack: Protein Shake - Vanilla w/water
6:00pm Dinner
Roasted Chicken (Pre made from Costco)
Spinach Leaves w/ tomatoes, cucumber, raspberry vinaigrette

8:15 pm Snack: Protein Pudding

 Protein Pudding
Ingredients
1 box fat-free, sugar-free chocolate or vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk
2 scoops chocolate or vanilla whey protein
Preparation

Mix all ingredients in a blender for 45 seconds and pour into two small bowls.



** At about 9pm I was pretty hungry, so I had high fibre cereal with milk

I feel so energized, and it's the only the first day. I keep reiterating the saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" these words are all to wise, and therefore, I will do what I can to stay on top of my planning, and blogging for that matter...
(care of Uvic website)

No comments:

Post a Comment