Tuesday 8 November 2011

Week 8 to 9- Day 41 to 56/84 Sunday

Well, I must say, it’s been well over a week since I’ve posted to my blog. Bare in mind, I haven't missed one single work out!!! Now, the reason for my lack of blogging is for one, I lost interst in week 7 but also I was in Toronto from Tuesday Nov 1st (week 8) (at 5am flight from Victoria direct to Toronto) up until Sunday 12am. I stayed at a hotel Tuesday through to Thursday, and made sure I got my lower body workout in on Monday before I left town and when I arrived at the hotel I got my cardio in on Tuesday evening. Wednesday I got my upper body workout in in the evening and because I knew I was staying at a hostel Thursday night and Friday night I wanted to be sure to fit all my workouts in. I did my HIT cardio on Thursday morning, followed by a lower body workout. I felt that theses workouts weren’t my best, as I felt off my game, and in unfamiliar territory... none the less I got it done, and I did a lot of walking in Toronto on my days off.

My eating was good for the most part. I stayed away from all the lovely desserts they served during breakfast and lunch. However Tuesday on the plane I had a chicken wrap (which I’m sure there was mayo in it.) Then Tues night I enjoyed a glass of wine and some bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar- I did however choose a chicken pecan salad. I fit in a couple of protein bars and trail mix, but all in all I didn’t over indulge, I guess you could say I made healthier choices, but still treated myself. Wednesday was our conference and we were served breakfast. I had a slice of whole wheat bread with P&J, and lots of fruit. I also had coffee with cream and sugar (it was an investment course....). For lunch I had soup and mostly salad (and I stayed away from the dessert!) and protein bars in-between. At the cocktail reception, I had a few glasses of wine, and a few pieces of h’ordeves, then went to do my work out (this wasn’t the best upper body work out, as I was buzzed from the wine, and lost count of my reps...I wouldn’t blame this entirely on the wine, I was talking to someone in the gym during my reps :S. I had a great night sleep then on Thursday I was sure to get my workout in before our conference, as I knew I’d be checking out of the hotel and into a hostel. I also knew I needed to fit my Friday lower body workout in because I would be taking a day trip to Niagara Falls and didn’t want to pay $15 to drop in at the gym. Thrusday night I ate a 6inch whole wheat turkey sandy from Subway and enjoyed a non fat grande peppermint mocha from starbucks.



I did alot of walking Friday, and had a yogurt with granola and fresh fruit and honey for breakfast, with tea and milk. I later (induldged) in a Timmies XL French vanilla cap...(eeep lots of sugar) for lunch I had a whole wheat turkey sandy from tummies with honey mustard followed by a tea. I indulged in a non fat grande peppermint mocha from starbucks, then we stopped at a winery and I enjoyed a glass of wine. For dinner, I had a chicken sandy with salad. (Protein bars in between).

Saturday was  a BAD BAD BAD day....I did a ton of walking, but I also cancelled it out and went into the negative with my choices....for breakfast I had again the health nut (yogurt and fruit) then a protein bar and a non fat grande peppermint mocha from starbucks. I then met a friend for lunch and shared a bottle of wine, and chicken, prawn pad thai. When I got to the airport, again, I had two glasses of wine, then a chocolate mouse cake. When I got onto the plan, I had another glass of wine, Swiss chocolate bar, and a beef wrap....when I got home....I shared a bottle of wine with G while we played cards...

Then Sunday....

I had a non fat gingerbread latte, reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich from starbucks, we then went and hiked the trestle at Goldstream park, and then I enjoyed a timmies sour cream glazed doughnut, and L hot chocolate. G then made chilli for dinner with extra garlic white bread (gah. BAD BAD weekend!).....I need to refocus this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment